Incredible analysis of Amazon Prime on Quora. (And more here). Highlights:
– $900 year spent by the average Amazon Prime member in their first year of Prime membership (2009 estimate by Gene Munster at Piper Jaffray)
– $400 year spent by members in the year before becoming a Prime member (2009 estimates by Munster)
– 82% of Prime members buy on Amazon even if the item is less expensive somewhere else (according to survey by Channel Advisor – publisher of Amazon Strategies)
– 20% of U.S. sales – $3.7 billion – may be due to Amazon Prime (Businessweek)
– “In all my years here, I don’t remember anything that has been as successful at getting customers to shop in new product lines,” says Robbie Schwietzer, vice-president of Amazon Prime and an eight-year veteran of the company.